Fee Schedule (fees subject to change)
1. Whare nui and Whare kai (Marae Noho - Overnight stay)
$350 Rate A, 1 night, fee for 20 people or less, extra nights, $150 per night
$570 Rate B, 1 night, fee for 20-35 people, extra nights, $250 per night
$10 Rate C, $10 per person additional to 35 people
2. Whare puni and facilities (Overnight stay)
$25 Rate D, per person per night, 1-6 nights
$140 Rate E, per person per week, 7 nights
3. Whare nui and/or Whare kai (Day use only)
$500 Rate F, Full day for functions (weddings, birthdays, balls, celebration events)
$30 Rate G, Per hour for hui, meetings
$150 Rate H, Half day (6 hours) for hui, meetings (excludes functions)
$250 Rate I, Full day (12 hours) for hui, meetings (excludes functions)
4. Catering and school/wānanga hire fees are negotiable
5. All confirmed bookings require a $25 non-refundable deposit towards facility hire.
• Whare nui; fully carved and decorated meeting house capable of seating over 100 people, and sleeping up to 70 adults easily – 90 max; 2 heat pumps installed (mattresses, pillows, laundered pillow cases and sheets included in charge). Access to main toilets / shower facilities for marae.
• Whare puni; dormitory backpacker style bunk accommodation, with a separate kitchen that includes stove, fridge, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery and dining/lounge area for these rooms; (launderd sheets provided in charge). Access to main toilets / shower facilities for marae. (22 June 2021 - Currently 1 dormitory room - max 16 pax available)
• Whare kai; capable of seating 160 people easily with kitchen and catering facilities that can provide meals for the same number. The kitchen facility includes a free standing gas stove top and electric oven, turbofan oven, walk-in chiller, double-glass display fridge. Dining hall includes chairs and tables and heat pump installed. Toilet facilities available in Whare kai.
• TANGIHANGA at Hau Ariki Marae are not subject to fees. Koha placed on the marae during Tangihanga are koha to the marae. Koha intended for the Whānau Pani should not be placed on the marae, but discretely given to them.
• On-site parking
• Men and Women Toilets in the Whare kai, accessible from the car park
• Coin operated laundry and dryer facilities.
• It is likely that other bookings will be at the marae, whether in the Whare puni or the Whare nui. Other bookings will be advised accordingly.
• Marae Taurima and Kaitiaki of the marae, the whānau of Wiremu and Theresa Dawson live on site. Their role includes:
Oversight of all activity on the marae – please ensure register your arrival and leaving with them
Ensuring access to facilities and amenities and items required for each booking is provided.
• All bookings are responsible for ensuring their spaces are kept clean and hygienic, including shared spaces
• Smoking, drugs and alcohol are discouraged on the marae grounds. Permission is required from the Bookings Committee should it be desired that alcohol is provided for a celebratory occasion such as a birthday, wedding or reunion or special event.